Help your students adapt to the first year of secondary school with the
Enhanced Learning Educational Services (ELES) Study Skills HELP Guide:
HELP#1 – ‘STARTING SECONDARY SCHOOL’
- Helps students to adapt successfully from primary school to secondary school.
- Suitable for Year 6 and Year 7 students in schools where Year 7 is the first year of high school.
These resources are the group license version for schools and teachers to use with groups of students. If you are looking for products for personal and individual use only click here.
This resource consists of 10 pages covering the essential things students need to know as they leave primary school and enter the world of secondary school. Students work through each section (they will need a highlighter) and complete the regular discussion activities with either a parent or a friend. This resource has the essential ‘things you need to know’ to help students manage the transition to high school. Students can work through this guide before starting school or during the first year of secondary school.
The resource sections are as follows:
- INDEPENDENT LEARNING: Homework is very different from how it was in primary school.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: You need to work smart to manage your time well.
- ORGANISATION: Being organised makes life easier.
- HELP: Ask for help often and early.
- SKILLS: Develop the skills you need for success.
- HEALTH: Look after yourself, your mind and your body.
Price: This resource is supplied in PDF format only and is priced at AUD$29.00. This includes GST and blackline master photocopy rights for the school and the file is emailed to you directly.
CLICK here to open or RIGHT CLICK to save the sample pages (2 pages PDF format) to your computer (if you try and open them directly you may get an error). Once they are saved onto your computer, find the file and double-click on it to open it.