Help your students approach assignments effectively:
Enhanced Learning Educational Services (ELES) Study Skills HELP Guide:
HELP#2 – ‘APPROACHING ASSIGNMENTS’
- Helps students to learn how to approach assignments effectively.
- Suitable for Years 7-9 students.
These resources are the group license version for schools and teachers to use with groups of students. If you are looking for products for personal and individual use only click here.
This resource consists of 10 pages covering the essential things students need to know about how to approach assignments effectively. Students work through each section (they will need a highlighter) and complete the regular discussion activities with either a parent or a friend. This resource has the essential ‘things you need to know’ to help students approach assignments effectively.
The resource sections are as follows:
- STEP 1: Begin with a 15 minute overview.
- STEP 2: Brainstorm the steps that will be involved and schedule the work over the time available.
- STEP 3: Ensure you are clear on what to research and structure what you need to find out.
- STEP 4: A few more things before you start researching.
- STEP 5: Do your research and start writing your assignment.
- STEP 6: Proofing your assignment.
- STEP 7: Bibliography and formatting.
- STEP 8: Submitting your assignment.
Price: This resource is supplied in PDF format only and is priced at AUD$29.00. This includes GST and blackline master photocopy rights for the school and the file is emailed to you directly.
CLICK here to open or RIGHT CLICK to save the sample pages (2 pages PDF format) to your computer (if you try and open them directly you may get an error). Once they are saved onto your computer, find the file and double-click on it to open it.