Help your students to become effective learners:
Enhanced Learning Educational Services (ELES) Study Skills HELP Guide:
HELP#6 – ‘MASTERING MIDDLE SCHOOL’
- Helps students to work effectively in the middle years of school.
- Suitable for Years 8-10 (depending on your school system).
These resources are the group license version for schools and teachers to use with groups of students. If you are looking for products for personal and individual use only click here.
This resource consists of 12 pages covering the essential things students need to know to be effective as a middle school student. Students work through each section (they will need a highlighter) and complete the regular discussion activities with either a parent or a friend. This resource has the essential ‘things you need to know’ to help students make the most of the middle school years.
The resource sections are as follows:
- IT’S ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE
- CREATE POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS
- DEVELOP THE HABITS OF AN EFFECTIVE LEARNER AT SCHOOL
- DEVELOP THE HABITS OF AN EFFECTIVE LEARNER AT HOME
- DEVELOP THE HABITS OF AN EFFECTIVE LEARNER FOR ASSIGNMENTS
- DEVELOP THE HABITS OF AN EFFECTIVE LEARNER FOR TESTS AND EXAMS
- DEVELOP YOUR CREATIVITY
- TIPS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHERS
- ‘TOP TEN’ CHECK-UP
Price: This resource is supplied in PDF format only and is priced at AUD$29.00. This includes GST and blackline master photocopy rights for the school and the file is emailed to you directly. You can also email the resource to students at your school or make the file available on the school’s learning management system so that students can download the resource and type their answers directly into the document.
CLICK here to open or RIGHT CLICK to save the sample pages (2 pages PDF format) to your computer (if you try and open them directly you may get an error). Once they are saved onto your computer, find the file and double-click on it to open it.